I was standing on the corner at Starbucks, sipping a frappucino and waiting for a light. I was wearing a mini leopard-print dress, mint green cropped tights and wedge heels.
A silver SUV pulled out to turn right in front of me and as it turned, a big guy leaned way out the passenger window to look at me and said, smiling -
- Societal expectations of masculinity
- Societal expectations to provide for women
- No long term reversible male birth control
- Men who are raped are more likely to remain silent and be dismissed or outright laughed at
- Unfair treatment in child custody battles
- No support for male victims of domestic abuse
- Media portrayal of married men as weak morons
Not men’s issues
- The friend zone
- Women not dating you
Also important to note that all the men’s issues above are a direct result of the patriarchy and systemic misogyny and sexism. These problems, these issues faced by men, are inherently tied into feminism.
Feminism aims to, and will, fix men’s issues as well, because they are derived from the same things that oppress and objectify women. Any man who doesn’t call themselves a feminist has seriously the wrong idea about how to fix these problems, and “Men’s Rights Advocates” certainly aren’t fighting the same fight.